HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR SAPLING :
- Dig the planting hole for each sapling deeply enough that the roots will not curl.
- Put manure into the planting hole to enrich the soil with nutrients. Simple leaf manure works well.
- Protect the sapling from white ants by using an appropriate insecticide available in the market.
- Put in your sapling – Don’t forget to remove the plastic covering.
- Tamp the soil into place as you back fill the hole to prevent air pockets, which can lead to root death for lack of nutrient absorption.
- Water it.
- Water it regularly for one week (not if it has already rained.)
- Turn the soil around the sapling after two days.
- After four days put the insecticide once again to protect against termites.
- Once your sapling has grown a bit, pluck the leaves from the lower half of the plant, leaving the top leaves intact. This will ensure quick growth.
- You may have to give support with a bamboo stick to keep the plant straight.
- Protect your plants from animals.
- Make your sapling your friend. Give it a name. Look after it and experience the joy of watching it grow with you.
- Happy Planting!